Monday, August 11, 2014

Baby Ethan!

I was starting to wonder if our baby was ever going to arrive.  After I hit my due date, I become increasingly inpatient.  We were so excited to find out if we were going to have another little boy or a little girl. 

My water broke at 1:30 am on Tuesday, August 5th.  It was very similar to the beginning of labor with Isaac when my water broke at 1:45 am.  We called Mimi and had her come over to care for Isaac.  Alex and I made it to the hospital around 3 am.  Luckily, contractions started naturally on their own and I did not need to have Pitocin to speed up the process. 

Ethan David Gore was born at 9:26 am on Tuesday, August 5th.  He was 8 lbs 7.5 ounces and 20 inches long.  Wow, he was about one pound heavier than I thought he would be.  I was pretty convinced we were having another boy but I thought he would be between 7.5 and 8 pounds.  Ethan was four days late and Isaac was six days late but Isaac only weighed 6 lbs 12 ounces.  I could not believe the size of Ethan. 

He fits into a few newborn outfits but those are going to be short lived.  He dropped to just over 8 lbs before we left the hospital but I think that is going to be his lowest weight.  He is already eating like a champ just like his big brother. 

I was also pleasantly surprised how much easier the second delivery and recovery was compared to the first. 

We have been home for a few days now and are adjusting to having two children.  We are so blessed.

Here are some links to the blog posts from when Isaac was born.  I think the boys are going to look quite similar! 

Going home with Isaac

Meeting family and friends

Isaac Thomas Gore
 

 



First bath!









 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment