I absolutely love babies but it is so hard to sit back and enjoy every minute of your newborn when you have to keep up with life at the same time. Now that Ethan is six months old, I feel like life is getting back to "normal." Ethan is starting to get quite a personality.
Fun things to note about Ethan at six months old:
1. rolling all over the place
2. Rocking on hands and knees and starting to lift an arm to reach for toys while in this position
3. Pretty consistently sleeps from 7:30 pm - 3 or 4 am. Eats and sleeps until about 6:30 am.
4. Takes about two 45 minute naps and one two hour nap a day
5. Started oatmeal cereal and purees around six months
6. Babbling quite a bit
7. Not a fan of Mom walking away from him
8. No teeth
9. Grabs hair and noses
10. We are now able to lay Ethan down awake with his pacifier and he will go to sleep! This was a very welcome change.
11. 19 lbs 4 ounces, 27.75 inches long
Isaac is also growing up really fast also. It still catches me off guard when we sit down to dinner and he prays with us and then says "so, what is the weather like today?" Or he will ask how our day was.
It is just so cute and grown up. Where did our little boy go? Isaac knows all of his letters and now he is starting to identify the first letter of words. He does pretty well trying to sound out the beginning of a word.
We just finished up a music class with the boys through The Conservatory of Wisconsin. Both of the boys really enjoyed it. Isaac loved the classical music that they got to listen to while playing instruments. They also made puppets of a cuckoo bird, rooster and elephant.
Isaac finally got his last two year molar in shortly after his three year birthday he went to the dentist for his first cleaning. Well, it was more like his first teeth counting. He loved playing with the tools but he was not a fan of the light that they shine in his mouth. He laid in the chair and let the dentist count all of his teeth and check for cavities. They did get to clean one tooth before Isaac said he just wanted to go pick out a toy!
|Isaac decorating Valentine's Day cookies|
|Most of the frosting went in Isaac's mouth and never made it to the cookies.|
|Cuddling in their pajamas|
|Ready for cereal|
|"Can I just chew on the spoon?"|
|Isaac will choose a popsicle over any other treat (cookies, cupcakes, cake, etc.)|
|A fun gift from Mimi!|